Public Sector Organisations
Reducing energy use in public buildings and social housing through the use of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
Low Carbon Dorset is offering grants and free support to Public Sector Organisations to help overcome the financial risks associated with novel and complex low carbon projects.
Through this support, we aim to build the skills, experience and capacity needed to make sure low carbon approaches are rolled out throughout Dorset.
Supported projects will be expected to deliver a leadership and demonstration role in Dorset’s Low Carbon Economy.
Here is an example of the types of projects we could support:
- Small Scale Renewable Energy Installations (up to 5MW) e.g. Biomass boilers, Renewable Heat (Ground, air and water source heat pumps), On-shore wind, Marine energy, Solar PV, Small Scale Hydro.
- Standard energy efficiency measures – e.g. insulation measures, boilers, lighting upgrades, motor and drives, voltage optimisation, double glazing, variable speed drives, compressed air systems
- Use of innovative technologies and approaches that reduce energy consumption in public buildings or social housing
- Development of new products or processes which help reduce carbon emissions – e.g. proving concepts, research, marketing
Only low carbon projects which demonstrate an ‘innovative approach’ will be supported.
To be eligible for Public sector support your organisation must be a:
- Public sector organisation such as – Local Authority, higher education establishment, housing association and other publicly funded organisations (excluding schools) located in Dorset, Bournemouth or Poole
Not sure which sector you and your project fall under? Get in touch with the team to find out what support is available to you.